Print out an application from the website or come by our office on Ray Taylor Road to pick one up.
JOB DESCRIPTION For DRIVER
General Definition: Drivers are responsible for the operation of ACTA’s various vehicles and for the safe and orderly transportation of passengers to and from their destinations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate daily trip logs and provides necessary data for ACTA’s accounting system as required; completes all records daily and follows reporting procedures as required; receives and accounts for all fares as collected daily.
- Uses sound judgment in following dispatch instructions, being able to recognize, create, and follow logical sequences for pickup and drop-off of passengers in an efficient manner.
- Keeps regular contact by radio with Mobility Manager uses correct FCC procedures and observes radio courtesy.
- Observes all traffic laws, especially those related to public transportation; ensures that all passengers wear seat belts and follow safety regulations.
- Assists both ambulatory elderly persons and passengers with disabilities from the ground level door of their residence into the vehicle and vice versa. Drivers are not expected to move wheelchair persons up/down stairs in a private residence or destination. Drivers are not to enter a passenger’s home except for a wheel-chair passenger and that is to be limited to just inside the doorway.
- Attends training classes provided by ACTA and successfully completes each. Training will include, but not limited to substance abuse awareness, special needs assistance techniques, defensive driving, safety and safety procedures.
- Takes and successfully passes a drug test for pre-employment, as well as at random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests as deemed appropriate by ACTA’s current approved Drug and Alcohol testing policy.
- Takes and successfully passes pre-employment road test.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to accept and follow instructions; possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license (Regular license), Class C.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with at least two years driving experience, with a good driving record for the preceding two years.
- Must be able to perform all duties associated with operating a vehicle.
- Must be able to perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform light work exerting up to 40 lbs. of force occasionally, 20 lbs. of force frequently, and negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle, distinguish colors, and prepare reports.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- A clean driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a North Carolina Class C driver’s license.